Whether it’s for an elementary science textbook or a professional-level online training course, all content needs to be engaging, meaningful, and impactful. This is the most impoart part of the e-elarning process. Academic experts need to be trained in the tools to be able to better understand how to convert conventional content into interactive and engaging content to use in the e-learnning system.
Content can be classifed into following categories:
- Level 1 - Static content which includes digital books, PPT slides, PDFs, etc
- Level 2 - Detailed and enriching LMS elearning content development with voiceover
- Level 3 - Animations, graphics, interactive elearning material embedded to make way for practical, hands-on application of applied theory.
- Level 4 - Value-adding game solutions with Badges, leaderboards, points, victory marks, etc. to achieve predetermined elearning goals for effective learning transmission
The 5 essential steps for a successful elearning development process are:
- Step 1 - To make sure your learning content is really going to resonate, the very first step of your elearning content development process has to be making sure you’re clear on exactly what you’re looking to achieve.
- Step 2 - Once you have clear goals, the next phase of a great elearning content development process is to work out how to meet them. There are different methods at hand to help learning and instructional designers develop winning concepts you can then test out.
- Step 3 - At this stage, beware of those long, detailed documents and powerpoint presentations that your Subject Matter Experts (SME) may hand your way! Don’t let your exciting research-based design die with the introduction of boring content. Use your design model as the template, and use your SME to feed into the learning experiences you’re setting out to create.
- Step 4 - As part of your elearning content development process, you must make room for reviewing its performance, gathering feedback and making improvements. This is key to making sure your elearning content is engaging, working for your learners and working as expected.
- Step 5 - The analysis and creativity required to make an effective piece of learning can sometimes feel distant from the commercially-savvy mindset needed to drive revenue.
Schools, colleges and training providers have hastily switched to online delivery and have had to concentrate their minds on eLearning. While many have LMS, what is often missing is great content. It is important to create engaging eLearning. We all agree that face to face teaching is still the most important method of delivery but eLearning can contribute as part of the blended learning approach. What eLearning cannot be, as we have said, is just a repository of PDF documents, powerpoints, past papers and links to other sites.
Understanding your learners is important as it will help identify the type of eLearning that they engage with. The content has to be relevant and it needs to be created by people who understand the subject. With high quality content, teachers and trainers can automtate the learning process and add convenience for both themselves and students.
We offer complete online digital course creation services allowing our customers to get complete courses developed and have them set up on your e-learning system ready for learning/training.
Our course development services include
- Studio recording of teacher/trainer lectures
- Creating interactive video
- 2D Animation
- Digitization of notes, PowerPoints, and reading material
- AI-based teacher/trainer lectures
- Developing engaging content & games
- Setting up quizzes and assignments
- Gamification of learning process